Just got myself a WZR-1750DHP from Amazon.
Tried the stock firmware, was quite impressed with the performance and features provided, only draw back was SSID2 only supports WEP encryption, and I do want WPA2 on SSID 2.
Was always a big fan of DD-WRT, decided to give it a try, flashed the following two images:
Unfortunately the WAN performance was not very good at all, it's kind of limited to about 30MBps throughput, apparently hardware NAT was not enabled / support on DD-WRT firmwares.
No SSID2 vs slow internet, I've decided to go back to stock.
Procedure for going from DD-WRT back to Stock 2.22 firmware:
(1) Download 23709a (buffalo customised DD-WRT firmware) from Buffalo
(2) Extract the .zip downloaded from Buffalo, locate file wzr1750dhpd-v24sp2-23709a.bin, and update to router, selecting erase all settings.
(3) Download v2.22 firmware from Buffalo
(4) Extract the .zip, and locate file wzr_1750dhp_eu_222
(5) Update firmware from 23709a to EU 2.22. Be patient as the process did take some time, and router might restart several times.
Done, back to stock!
hello can you please post the way to flash a wrz1750dhp-eu with the wrt firmware? i try the bufpy/otdpupypassword trick but the wrt firmware is refused with the commend "bad firmware" . its the same with wrt firmware or fuffalo 23709a. the wrz comes with 2.05. no way. i flash with 2.25 the same.. any idea?ReplyDelete
I'm afraid I don't have this router with me anymore, you will probably need a different version of "initial flash" image from dd-wrt.Delete